Time to Make
1 hour 30 minutes
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Score a piece of A4 card 6cm in from both long edges and 2cm, 7cm and 13cm in from both short sides to leave a 4cm wide middle section.
- Cut along the score lines to the intersections and create tabs for folding on the sides of the walls and one roof section.
- Cut a chimney piece on the opposite roof section and slots in the middle of the centre sections. Cut the roof side tab down to 5cm long.
- Cut lots of little squares and rectangles from light green card and glue onto darker green to make doors and windows. Cut these out leaving a 1mm border all around.
- Fold up the box and check the squares at the side of the roof fit neatly into the slots. Glue windows and doors to the house and then unfold.
- Use the hole punch to cut out lots of circles and stick to the roof sections so they overlap (like tiles). Trim the tiles to the top of the roof. Refold the box and hold the sides together with a little double sided tape.
The flap on one side of the roof will tuck into the other side so the box can be opened easily.