Easy, adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a sheet of A4 red card and fold it in half. With the fold line along the left hand side draw the shape of a house onto your card, approximately 10.5cm wide and 16.5cm tall. Cut out the shape using scissors.
- Lay out fourteen craft sticks next to each other with the long ends of the sticks touching. Make sure the ends of the sticks are all in line with each other. Cut away the edges from the top three craft sticks at an angle, on either side. You might want to ask an adult to help with this step as this could be hard for a child to do with scissors.
- Apply some glue all over the front of the red card you have just cut out and then stick down the craft sticks.
- Download and print off the template provided then cut out the individual shapes.
- Draw around the two roof templates onto white self-adhesive foam and cut these out. Peel away the self-adhesive backing and stick them to the top of the house to create the icing roof.
- Draw around the large circle and candy cane templates onto red self-adhesive foam and cut these out. Then draw around the door and smaller circles onto green self- adhesive foam and cut these out. Peel away the self-adhesive backing from all and stick the pieces to the front of the card.
- Stick some red and green buttons along the top of the icing roof using a small amount of glue and one white button to the front of the door for the handle.
- Using some white paint, paint on the candy cane stripes and window frame. Leave to dry.
Apply two coats of paint to the candy canes and window frame to make sure that the white stands out.