Time to Make
How to Make
- Take 16 natural hobby straws. Cut 4 straws to 13cm, 4 to 11cm, 4 to 6cm and the remaining 4 to 5cm.
- Paint the straws gold with the metallic gold Pebeo paint. Then paint a mini porcelain paint pot with the same paint. Add another coat if necessary. Leave to dry.
- Cut a long piece of gold hanging cord and trim the end to make sure it isn’t frayed. Thread the end of the cord through one of the longest straws. Then thread it through one of the 11cm straws, and then through another 13 cm one and tie in place, making a triangle.
- Thread the cord back down one of the longer straws. Add another 11cm straw to the cord, and then thread it through another 13cm one to create another triangle. Repeat this until you have 4 triangles next to each other.
- Thread the cord back down one of the longer cords and then through a 6cm straw. Then thread it through one of the shortest straws, and back through another 6cm one. Wrap the cord over the cord where the two straws meet, to hold it in place, and then put it back down the same straw.
- Repeat step 5 until the himmeli structure is complete.
- Put a small plant in the plant pot and then put the pot inside the straws.
Use the widest straws in the pack as they will be much easier to thread.