Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a yellow pipe cleaner and thread it through a split metal ring until the ring is halfway down the pipe cleaner.
- Take a green bead and thread it onto one end of the pipe cleaner. Then thread the other end of the pipe cleaner through the same bead in the opposite direction.
- Repeat step 2 but with two green beads. Then again with three beads (purple, green, purple). The purple beads will create the eyes.
- Add two more green beads using the same technique. Then add five beads to each end of the pipe cleaner and fold it back on itself to create the legs.
- Thread a new yellow pipe cleaner through the two beads at the bottom, then repeat the same technique you used in step 2 to create the body following this pattern – 3 (all green), 4 (green, yellow, yellow, green), 4 (green, yellow, yellow, green), 4 (green, yellow, yellow, green), 3 (all green).
- Add five beads to each end of the pipe cleaner and fold it back on itself to create the bottom legs.
- Add a new pipe cleaner by threading it through the bottom three beads, then add two more green beads using the same technique as step 2.
- Use the same technique to add one bead underneath. Then repeat this four more times.
- Fold the ends of the pipe cleaners to the back of the keyring, then trim the ends.
Try creating multiple gecko keyrings for family and friends using different coloured beads.