Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a piece of yellow wool roughly 20cm long and put to the side. This will be used to tie the pom pom together.
- To make the pom pom, open up the small green pom pom maker and wrap yellow wool around both semi-circles. The more layers added the bigger and fluffier the pom pom will be.
- Close the pom pom maker and cut the wool down the gap through the middle of the pom pom maker.
- Using the 20cm long piece of wool set aside earlier, tie it tightly in the gap where you cut through the middle of the pom pom maker to secure the pom pom with a double knot.
- Remove the pom pom maker to reveal your pom pom and trim around the edges of the pom pom to make a neat spherical shape.
- Using a pencil, draw facial features onto different coloured sheets of self-adhesive foam. Make sure they are small enough to fit onto the yellow pom pom.
- Stick the facial features to the yellow pom pom by peeling off the backing from the self-adhesive foam pieces.
- Repeat these steps to create a variety of different funny face pom poms!
We created mini funny faces, but you can make bigger ones if you wish by using the larger pom pom makers. Although a pom pom maker is the easiest way to make this project, you can still make the funny face pom poms using the traditional cardboard method.