Time to Make
1 hour 30 minutes
How to Make
- Start by cutting the shrink plastic sheets in half. Next take a pencil and design your fruit slice (use our picture as a guide or the internet to help). We designed slices of an orange and lemon, a kiwi, a strawberry, and a watermelon. You can experiment with other fruit, or even colour co-ordinate to match an outfit! Now, grab some colouring pencils and get colouring! Remember to press down hard with the pencils when colouring in your fruit, this way the colour will show more when it comes to the shrinking process.
- Outline the pencil lines on your drawings using a black Porcelain Fine Tip Pen so they stand out more. Punch a hole wherever you want your charm to hang. Cut out the shape leaving space around the hole.
- Next, follow the instructions in the pack to heat the shrink art in an electric oven.
- Next, place the charm on a mat or piece of paper and heat it for roughly a minute, or however long it needs till it’s flat and stops shrinking. You may need to use a pencil to guide the shrink plastic whilst it’s being melted.
- Repeat on the rest of your charms then leave to cool. For the bracelet, cut three long pieces of string and knot at the end. Start plaiting and adding charms as you are going along. Knot at the end to finish.
If you have an odd bump or the edges of your fruit slice aren't completely flat once you've finished heating it, just warm it up again with the tool and flatten gently.