Time to Make
45 minutes + drying time for glue.
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Open out a star card. Cut across the fold in the middle to make a point, so the star has 5 points. Place the star onto some scrap paper then lightly brush with glue. Sprinkle glitter over the surface of the star, shake off any excess to re-use and leave to dry. Make more glittery stars in the same way.
- Use large paper plates as the backgrounds for your fireworks. Cut around the edges of the plates to make zigzags or starburst shapes or try glueing smaller plates into the middles.
- To make a firework tail, cut out a curved shape from the edge of a plate, brush lightly with glue then add glitter. Add glue to the thin end of the tail then stick it to the reverse side of a firework background and leave to dry.
- Glue the glittery card stars in the middle of the firework backgrounds with coloured self-adhesive foam stars to decorate.
- Press sticky dots around the edge of the paper plate backgrounds then arrange the fireworks in a window.
To display the fireworks in a window so they face outwards, leave an area around the edges without any glitter, so the sticky dots can be fixed securely onto the front of the paper plate backgrounds. Alternatively, for a wall display, press sticky dots onto the back.