Intermediate. Adult supervision needed.
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut two thin strips of foam, long enough to wrap around the tea light, then stick both of them around the tea light on top of each other. This will make it fit better inside the egg.
- Open up a yellow plastic egg and push the LED tea light into the more pointed half of the egg.
- Glue a piece of thin yellow ribbon to the inside of the other half of the egg, hold it in place until the glue dries.
- Turn the LED tea light on and then push the two halves of the plastic egg together.
- Cut two pieces of orange pipe cleaner about two inches long and curl the ends. Use the glue gun to stick these to the top of the plastic egg.
- Cut out two wing shapes from a light blue sheet of foam and glue them to the top of the egg. Then stick two wiggle eyes to the front to create the face.
Make sure you don't glue the wings over the line where the two halves of the egg meet, otherwise you may not be able to open the egg.