Time to Make
45 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a small section of air dry clay and roll it out flat until it is approximately 1cm thick.
- Mould the clay into a heart shape either using your hands or a craft knife. Then push the end of your paintbrush through the top of the heart to make the hole for the ribbon.
- Push your finger into the clay in the centre of the heart at a diagonal angle, leaving your fingerprint in the clay. Repeat this again however at the opposite angle to create a heart shape with your fingerprints. Leave the clay to dry.
- Mix up a light pink paint and paint the whole heart apart from the fingerprints.
- Dip your finger in some red paint and push into your fingerprints in the clay. This will help to keep the appearance of a fingerprint.
- Once the paint is dry, thread some thin red ribbon through the hole and tie to a split metal ring to finish your keyring.
Leave the clay to dry overnight to ensure it is completely dry before painting.