Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time per necklace
Adult Supervision Needed
How to MakeTwisted:
- Take a section of air dry clay and use your hands to roll it into a long thin roll, approximately 30cm long and 1cm wide.
- Bend the roll of clay in half and twist it around itself to form the twisted shape. Push the ends together and then leave to dry.
- Cut a length of black elastic and thread it through the hole in the top of the twisted clay. Tie the ends together to create the necklace cord.
- Take a section of air dry clay and use a rolling pin to roll it flat.
- Use a cutting knife to carefully cut out the spiral shape. Then use scissors or the end of a pencil to make a small hole in the top of the spiral. Leave to dry.
- Cut a piece of black elastic and thread it through the small hole in the clay. Then tie the ends together.
- Take a section of air dry clay and mould it into an oval shape. Then take some more clay to make a face shape and stick the face to the oval.
- Take some smaller pieces of clay and roll them into thin rolls to create the arm and leg shapes. Stick these to the clay you created in step one.
- Use small pieces of clay and the tip of a pencil to create the details. Then push two red sequins onto the eyes.
- Use the tip of a pencil to make a small hole in the top of the clay Hei Tiki shape. Then leave to dry.
- Cut a piece of black elastic and thread it through the hole in the clay, then tie the ends together in a double knot.
Leave the clay to dry overnight to be sure it is completely dry.