Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take the wooden tree from the packet and add the two pieces together so that the tree can stand.
- Create a light purple shade of paint, by adding purple and white paint together, then cover the tree in this paint. Leave to dry and add another coat of paint if needed.
- Take a sheet of pink self-adhesive foam and cut out a flower shape approximately 2.5 inches tall. Then cut out a yellow circle about an inch wide and stick it to the centre of the flower.
- Use a black deco pen to write ‘mum’ onto the yellow circle.
- Repeat steps 3-4 to create as many flowers as there are members of your family, adding each person’s name in the centre of the flower.
- Take another sheet of pink foam and cut out a heart shape from it. Use a black pen to write ‘our family tree’ in the centre of the heart, and add a dashed line around the edge using a purple deco pen.
- Stick each flower to the end of a tree branch, and stick the pink heart to the front of the tree trunk.
If any of the names are quite long, it will be easier to use a thinner pen.