Time to Make
1 hour + drying time for paint and plaster
How to Make
- Paint the outside of a flowerpot with Deco paints and leave to dry.
- Select 4 or 5 sticks for the tree, the thinner curly shapes work best. Smooth down any rough areas on the twigs with sandpaper.
- Arrange the sticks in a bunch then tie an elastic band or string around the base to hold them together.
- Place the sticks into the flowerpot. Check the positions and adjust so the sticks are evenly spaced. Fix the sticks in place on a piece of Blu-tack or clay, raising them above the top of the flowerpot.
- Mix 150g plaster powder in a bowl or plastic container with enough water to make a creamy consistency. Stir the mixture until it is smooth then carefully pour into the flower pot around the sticks. Leave to set.
- Cut out some small leaves from tissue paper. Glue the leaves at the end of each twig and onto the nodes to look like new shoots. Leave to dry. Cover the top of the pot with dried moss or shredded tissue to cover the plaster.
Try making small tissue paper flowers as blossom for your tree or add some ready made flowers.