Time to Make
25 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a wooden craft peg and paint it pink with a deco pen. You can also use acrylic paint if you don’t have deco pens.
- Draw an egg shape onto a white sheet of felt, make sure it is slightly larger than the width of the peg.
- Cut out the egg from the felt, then cut it in half in a zigzag pattern.
- Stick the top half of the egg to the top end of the wooden peg. Then stick the bottom half of the egg to the other end of the peg, ensuring the zigzag edges of the eggs line up.
- Take a sheet of yellow felt and cut out a small oval shape. Draw two black eyes and an orange beak onto the middle of the felt.
- Stick the mini felt chick to the back of the peg, so that the chick’s face is facing toward the peg. Make sure you only stick the chick to one side of the peg, otherwise it won’t open.
- Push the two ends of the peg together to reveal the chick.
As the pegs don't open up very much, make sure you make the chick really small.