Time to Make
1 hour 30 minutes
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a ping-pong ball sized lump of air drying clay and roll between the palms of your hands to make a smooth ball. Press your thumb into the middle and ease the ball into a pot by pressing the sides up against your fingers.
- Roll another piece of clay into a sausage and taper one end. Fix the thicker end to one side of the bowl and smooth the join with your fingers to make the dragon's tail.
- Make a pointy head and neck from another sausage of clay and fix this to the other side of the bowl. Leave the model to dry completely in a warm place for several hours, preferably overnight.
- Use acrylic paint to colour the dragon gold inside the bowl and golden yellow for the whole of the outside. Use two coats if necessary.
- Take a fine paintbrush and use red paint to mark out scales on the head, neck and tail of the dragon, making sure they all point in the same direction.
- Cut two wing shapes from red foam and place smaller orange self-adhesive foam wings on the top. Decorate with glitter glue to mark out the wing ribs and use PVA glue to fix them to the sides of the bowl. Add wiggle-eyes to finish.
If your painting skills aren't brilliant, try making lots of little scales from self-adhesive foam and use these to decorate the dragon.