Intermediate. Adult Supervision needed.
Time to Make
1 hour 30 mins
How to Make
- Trim down the kitchen towel tube so that it is shorter than the length of your pens and pencils for your pencil pot holder.
- Paint the kitchen towel tube using leaf green acrylic paint. Leave to dry. Add another coat. Leave to dry.
- Download the template and print off. Use the template to cut the shapes from green paper. Use a darker shade of green for the dragons tummy and use a lighter green for the dragons head, arms and legs.
- Using a dark green or a black pen to draw horizontal lines onto the body shape you cut out from green paper to add detail.
- Stick the tummy shape onto the front of the kitchen towel tube, ensuring that the thinner part is at the top for the dragons neck.
- Using a black pen draw two black nostrils onto the nose of the dragons head shape.
- Stick on two wiggle eyes to the dragons head shape. Using a dark green or a black pen colour the insides of the dragons ears.
- Cut out two small triangles from white card. Stick to the top of the dragons head shape using a glue stick.
- Cut a small, thin strip of red paper for the dragons tongue roughly 4cm long. Cut out a small triangle from the middle of the end of the tongue to make it a forked dragons tongue.
- Stick the tongue to the bottom of the back of the dragons head shape underneath his nostrils using a glue stick.
- Stick the dragons head to the top of the kitchen towel tube using a glue stick.
- Place some glue onto the back of the dragons arms and stick to either side of the kitchen towel tube using a glue stick. Dont put any glue on the dragons hands to create a 3D effect.
- Place some glue on the sides of each of the dragons legs and stick to either side of the bottom of the kitchen towel tube using a glue stick.
- Take a sheet of green paper to use for the dragons wings. Cut out 2 rectangles roughly 11cm x 25cm.
- Take one of the rectangles and concertina fold it along its length.
- Pinch one end together and hold it in place by wrapping the pinched end with double sided tape.
- Open up the folds on the other end to spread out the wings.
- At the pinched end fold the wing downwards to create its shape. Attach to the side of the kitchen towel tube using large craft glue dots.
- Repeat this step using the other green rectangle paper to create another wing, then stick to the other side of the kitchen towel tube.
Instead of white card for the horns you can just use white paper.