Time to Make
40 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take five acorns from the pack and paint the bottom part of the acorns with white paint. Leave to dry.
- Once dry, paint each acorn a different bright colour. The white paint from step 1 will help the colour colours appear brighter. Leave to dry.
- When the coloured paint has dried, use a deco pen to decorate each acorn with little dots. Make sure you use a contrasting colour so the dots stand out.
- Cut a long strip of gold cord, making sure it is long enough to easily fit around your neck.
- Cut a piece of gold craft wire, approximately 10cm long. Take one of the acorns and wrap the wire around the stalk at the top of the acorn a couple of times. Then wrap it around the gold cord.
- Use the glue gun to glue the wire in place on the acorn and cord.
- Repeat steps 6-7 with the other acorns. Make sure you attach the acorns in the centre of the gold cord, and the ends will be used to tie it around your neck.
Try using the same technique to make a matching bracelet.