Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a doily and fold it in half, with the coloured side facing outwards. Fold it in half again, and then one more time after that to create one butterfly wing.
- Repeat step 1 three more times to create all four butterfly wings.
- Use the glue gun, or PVA glue, to stick the wings to the back of the wooden peg. Wait for the glue to dry before continuing.
- Take a yellow pipe cleaner and trim two pieces about 1.5 inches long, and curl one end of each over slightly. Glue these to the top of the peg.
- Stick two small wiggle eyes to the front of the top of the peg, and use a black pen to draw a mouth underneath them.
- Cover the rest of the front of the peg in multicoloured self-adhesive gems.
- Trim a piece of magnetic tape about an inch long. Turn the butterfly upside down and stick the magnet to the back of the peg.
You could give the butterfly multicoloured wings by using a different coloured doily for each wing.