Time to Make
30 minutes + baking time for Fimo
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Flatten ½ a block of red FImo into a 6cm diameter circle for the background, or you could use a cookie cutter to cut a circle. Clean your fingers with wet wipes.
- Press ½ strip of flattened white Fimo at bottom of the circle for the body. Shape 1 white Fimo strip into a pear shape for the head then press it into position in the middle of the background circle.
- Roll 3 x 1cm balls in brown Fimo. Flatten 1 ball then press it onto the head for the eye patch. Shape the other 2 balls into long ovals for ears. Press the end of each ear at the top of the head then fold them over.
- Shape small Fimo pieces for the paws, nose, eyes and tongue. Press them onto the head. Make some dots around the nose using a cocktail stick.
- Make a border for the decoration by pressing small rolled balls around the edge. Make a hole near the top with a cocktail stick. Check the hole has opened out all the way through on the back.
- Bake Fimo model on a baking tray at 110ºC for 30 minutes. Follow all the instructions on the packet. Allow Fimo to cool before handling. Thread a ribbon through the hole to hang your decoration.
Fimo kids clay is super soft, making it easy to blend colours together. Knead white with a smaller piece of brown to make a light brown, and white with red to make pink.