Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
Yes - The slime is formed by a chemical reaction between the polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) in the glue and the borate ion from the boric acid in the contact lens solution. We therefore recommend that the recipe is not altered, as the chemical reaction needs these ingredients to work. Please make sure that the making of the slime is supervised by an Adult. After making / playing with the slime we recommend that hands are thoroughly washed. This Slime is not edible. If your child has any allergies, please make sure you check the ingredients of each of the components. If any signs of reaction appears on the skin, please wash thoroughly and stop use immediately. If in doubt, please seek medical advice.
How to Make
- Pour about eight tablespoons of PVA glue into the bowl. Add some drops of pink food colouring and stir with the spoon until the colour is fully mixed in.
- Add some shaving foam into your mixture, approximately half the amount of the glue, and mix it in with the spoon. Then add a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it again until it is smooth.
- Add around one tablespoon of contact lens solution to your mixture and stir. Your mixture should begin to stick together. Continue to add a little more contact lens solution until the slime is no longer sticking to the bowl.
- Take the slime out of the bowl and knead and stretch it until it is no longer sticking to your hands. Then place on the table and add a teaspoon of glitter. Fold it in half and add some more glitter.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 using different coloured food colouring to create some yellow slime and some purple slime.
- Lay each one onto the table and wrap them around each other. Then twist it a few times to mix the colours together.
Don't mix the slime too much otherwise the colours will blend together.