Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
Yes - The slime is formed by a chemical reaction between the polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) in the glue and the borate ion from the boric acid in the contact lens solution. We therefore recommend that the recipe is not altered, as the chemical reaction needs these ingredients to work. Please make sure that the making of the slime is supervised by an Adult. After making / playing with the slime we recommend that hands are thoroughly washed. This Slime is not edible. If your child has any allergies, please make sure you check the ingredients of each of the components. If any signs of reaction appears on the skin, please wash thoroughly and stop use immediately. If in doubt, please seek medical advice.
How to Make
- Pour approximately eight tablespoons of PVA glue into your bowl. Add a few drops of food colouring and mix with a spoon until the colour is fully mixed.
- Squirt some shaving foam into your mixture, approximately the amount of half of the glue, and mix it in with the spoon. Then add a teaspoon of baking soda and mix again.
- Add one tablespoon of contact lens solution to your mixture and stir with the spoon. Your mixture should begin to stick together. Continue to add a little more contact lens solution until the slime is no longer sticking to the bowl.
- Take the slime out of the bowl and knead and stretch it with your hands until it is no longer sticky.
- Put your slime on the table and pour some wiggle eyes on top of it. Fold it over and add more wiggle eyes. Then stretch the slime a few times until the eyes are fully mixed in.
If the slime is too sticky, add a few more drops of contact lens solution and continue to knead with your hands.