Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time for glitter pens and glue
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Draw a simple peacock body shape onto the coloured side a small paper plate. Use the middle of the plate as a guide for cutting the curves.
- To make the tail pieces fold a large paper plate in half, then open it out. Fold the plate in half again across the middle to make quarter sections. Cut out the 4 sections then cut each one in half to make 8 equal sized pieces. Cut a curve around the top of each piece.
- Place the peacock’s tail sections and body onto some newspaper with the white sides facing upwards. Brush glue in the middle of each piece, leaving a white border around the edge. Sprinkle with coloured sand and shake off the excess onto newspaper. Leave to dry.
- Glue 7 of the tail sections onto a large coloured paper plate background arranged in a fan shape. Cut the remaining tail section in half to make a circle for the base of the tail then glue it in the middle and use the leftover piece to make the peacock’s feet. Glue the body on top. Leave to dry.
- Add a pattern onto the peacock using glitter glue pens. Glue a wiggle eye the peacock’s head. Leave to dry.
Sprinkle 2 or 3 different sand colours on the peacock’s tail and body for a multi-coloured effect. Before you use a glitter pen to decorate the peacock, shake the tube then squeeze some glitter onto some scrap paper to practice making patterns and to check it is flowing smoothly.