Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut four strips of green and yellow paper, 30cm by 2cm. Stick a green piece to the top of a yellow piece at 90 degrees to make an 'L' shape.
- Fold one piece over the other in turn to make a concertina stack in alternating colours. Glue two other strips to the ends as you run out of paper making an extra long leg. Repeat to make a pair.
- Cut a body shape and two feet from green card. Place a wiggle-eye on one side of the body and add dots of yellow paint with a cotton bud.
- Use a blue metallic pen to fill in the spaces between the paint with lots of smaller dots on both the body and the feet.
- Gently stretch out the legs and glue the feet into the pockets at the end of the concertina.
- Fix the legs to the back end of the body in the same way so the frog looks like it's leaping away.
Why not try this folding technique to make orange and black garlands? Just keep adding strips of paper to make longer concertinas.