Time to Make
1 hour plus drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Assemble the diorama box and glue together.
- Paint the outside of the diorama box with your chosen colourings using acrylic paint. Leave to dry, then apply a second coat of paint. Leave to dry.
- Paint the inside back and sides with blue paint. Leave to dry, then apply a second coat of paint. Leave to dry.
- Meanwhile, draw some tropical fish on white card, cut out and colour in with acrylic deco pens ensuring they are bright and colourful. Add wiggle eyes.
- Spread PVA glue to the floor of the diorama box and sprinkle with a thick layer of yellow sand to create an underwater look.
- To make the coral, cut out tree-like shapes from pink card. Fold over the bottom to create a stand-up base, and glue to the sandy base.
- Cut different lengths of thread or string and attach to the back of the fish with sticky tape. Tape the other end of the thread or string to the inside top of the diorama box.
- Now add some different shaped shells and glue in place to finish.
Always start from the back of the diorama box to the front, adding layers of detail to create depth to your scene.