Time to Make
How to Make
- Create 3 paper heart templates to your desired sizes. Roll out 3 thin slabs of clay. 2 silver and 1 gold. Place your templates on top (large and small on silver, medium on gold) and cut round them carefully with a craft knife.
- Place them on a curved surface to create a shallow bowl shape. A saucer works well. Allow to dry thoroughly so that they will hold this shape. This can take 24 hours.
- Once dry paint the plates and allow to dry between coats/ colours. Use:
- Metallic silver on the top side of the large heart and both sides of the small heart, leaving the edge paint free.
- Paint the back of the medium and large heart in a matt finish / pastel pink paint.
- Paint the top of the gold heart in metallic gold paint.
- Paint the edge of the small heart in pink.
Make sure you allow the plates to dry thoroughly between coats as the clay absorbs lots of moisture quickly, and this can cause the shape to warp if it becomes too wet.