Time to Make
40 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take five wooden cocktail sticks and cut them in half to make ten. Then push them into a piece of thick cardboard where the outer and inner points of the star will be.
- Add two parts PVA glue and one part water into your bowl and mix together. Then cut a long strip of string and dip it into the mixture.
- Wrap the string around the edge of the star shape, weaving in and out of the cocktail sticks.
- Once you have wrapped around the outer edge of the star, fill in the middle of the shape by wrapping the string across the centre.
- Leave to dry overnight.
- Once it has completely dried, take it off of the cardboard and paint with gold paint, then leave to dry.
- Add a piece of thin red ribbon to the top of the decoration.
Try drawing the shapes onto the cardboard as a guide.