Time to Make
40 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take two small paper plates and paint the back of each of them with red paint. Leave to dry.
- Once dry, use either a black deco pen or black paint to draw a rat silhouette in the centre of one of the paper plates. Then write '2020' above the rat.
- Use either a yellow deco pen or yellow paint to decorate the edge of the paper plate with stripes.
- Cut two strips of wool approximately 20cm long and tie a knot in the end of each of them. Then thread red and yellow beads onto the pieces of wool.
- Take the plate without the rat on and put it on a surface with the painted side facing down. Use double sided tape to stick the pieces of wool to either side of the plate.
- Stick a wooden stick to the bottom of the plate, then use double sided tape to stick the other plate to this plate, making sure the rat design is the right way round.
You can use black paint instead of a deco pen, just make sure you use a thin paintbrush to get the details.