Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Use pearlised paint pens to draw legs, body and spots onto an egg cup then leave to dry.
- Roll out some red Fimo and carefully wrap a strip around the top of the egg cup. Turn this upside down onto a baking surface and carefully remove the egg cup to leave a ring of clay.
- Bake the Fimo ring at 110C for ten minutes to harden. Let it cool and then turn over. Fix some orange clay wings to either side of the circle.
- Make a head from a ball of red Fimo and press onto the ring. Add a collar in another colour to cover the join and make a beak, eyes and crest from contrasting coloured Fimo.
- Flatten some sausages of red, orange and green Fimo. Use a blunt table knife to cut lines into these to make tail feathers and stack together.
- Fix the tail to the ring and curl over. Bake the whole chicken for 30 minutes at 110C. When cool, perch the ring over the egg cup.
Remove the clay chicken figure before washing in hot water. If necessary, wipe the chicken over with a damp cloth.