Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a piece of A4 card in half and roll one piece into a tall tube. Tape in place.
- From the other piece of card, cut a semi-circle to form the top of the castle turret, and a circle 2cm wider than the diameter of the tube. Cut small triangles around the edge of the circle.
- Bend the edges of the circle of card up and glue or tape to one end of the tube to form the base.
- Glue sticks around the tube in two rows to cover the whole of the tower - you could colour them with pearlised paint to give them a really pretty finish if you'd prefer.
- Cut lots of 1.5cm x 1cm rectangles of paper in three co-ordinating colours. Starting from the base of the cone glue them on to form roof tiles, overlapping the row below.
- Make a hole in each side of the cone and thread cord through, gluing the ends inside the tower so that the roof can be removed while the base is still hanging up.
Cut out arched window shapes and frames to glue to the sides of the tower.