40 minutes + drying time
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Using scissors, carefully cut a door shape in the bottom section of one side of the carton.
- Mix red and white paint together to make a shade of light pink. Then cover the carton in this paint. Leave to dry and add another coat of paint until the carton is fully covered.
- Once dry, cover the carton in a layer of acrylic varnish to make it water resistant.
- Cut out four small squares from a sheet of white self-adhesive foam and use a blue deco pen to draw a window frame onto each one. Stick a window to each side of the carton.
- Cut a door shape out of white self-adhesive foam and colour it with the blue deco pen, using a yellow deco pen to make the handle. Stick to door to one side of the carton (next to the side that has the door cut out).
- Cut a sheet of yellow self-adhesive foam in half lengthways. Peel off the backing and stick the middle section to the tip of the carton, then fold down the sides, sticking them to the slanted parts of the carton, making the roof.
- Thread a piece of twine underneath the yellow roof, and tie the ends together to make a loop for the bird feeder to hang from.
If your carton is dark, or has dark colours on it, try adding a coat of white paint before painting it. To make it water resistant you will need to give the carton a coat of acrylic varnish.