Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Trim a sheet of black card so that it is long enough to wrap around the whole of a short cardboard tube, and slightly wider than the length of the tube.
- Place strips of double-sided tape on one side of the card. Then peel the backing off and roll the card over the tube. Trim the ends of the card.
- Cut a strip of purple card that is slightly wider than the width of the tube, and about 20cm long. Fold it in half and then use PVA glue to stick it to the top of the tube to make the roof.
- Cut out a window shape from yellow card and use a black deco pen to draw a cross onto it. Then use double sided tape to stick the window to the tube.
- Repeat steps 1-4 to create the other short tube.
- Take the big tube and roll a sheet of black card around it, sticking it down with double sided tape. Then trim the ends of the card.
- Repeat step 3 to create the roof for the long tube.
- Cut two window shapes out of yellow card, drawing the cross onto them with a black pen, and stick them to the upper section of the front of the tube with double sided tape. Then make a door out of purple and green card, and stick this to the lower section of the tube.
- Use a white deco pen to draw cobwebs onto the house, and create pumpkins and ghosts from coloured card and stick them to the haunted house.
- Once the glue has fully dried, place the three tubes next to each other with the tallest tube in the centre. Then trim the side of the purple card 'roof' on each of the shorter tubes that is closest to the taller tube, so that the tubes can stand closer together.
- Glue the tubes together with PVA glue.
Make the house bigger by adding more cardboard tubes!