Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Roll out blue, green, pink and orange Fimo onto a flat surface to a thickness of 1mm and cut out four 2cm wide rectangles. Lay the rectangles together and cut into 5mm wide strips.
- Place the strips around the base of a square votive, alternating the colours and lining up the ends neatly at the bottom.
- Roll a piece of blue clay into a long thin sausage shape and fix this around the top of the stripes. Trim the ends to meet tidily.
- Roll out orange clay into a long thin sausage and cut into equal pieces. Take each small piece and roll into a ball.
- Take each ball and shape one side into a pointed petal shape. Join five petals together to make a flower and add a small pink ball to the centre.
- Press the flowers onto the top half of the glass and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 110°C (refer to manufacturers' instructions). Allow to cool and then varnish.
If you find your flowers have not fixed to the glass when baked you can easily stick them in place with a little PVA glue.