Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut out a butterfly shape out of a sheet of pink foam. Make sure the butterfly is small enough to easily fit inside the glass jar.
- Cut out the butterfly body from yellow foam, then glue to the top of the butterfly shape.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 using purple and yellow foam to make another butterfly shape.
- Take a green pipe cleaner, bend it in half and twist it around itself to create a stronger pipe cleaner. Cut this in half to create two pipe cleaners and glue the butterflies to the top of them. Trim the ends of the pipe cleaner so they are the height that you want them to be in the jar.
- Take the lid off of the jar and place it on a flat surface upside down. Then squeeze some glue from the glue gun onto the centre of the lid and push the ends of the pipe cleaners into the glue. Hold them in place until the glue dries.
- Cut out two leaf shapes from a green sheet of foam and glue them to the bottom of the two pipe cleaners.
- Twist the lid back onto the jar and stand the jar upside down.
An adult should always use the glue gun as it can get hot.