Easy. Adult Supervision needed.
Time to Make
1 hour 45 minutes
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Assemble one of the wooden 3D birds by inserting the wings into the slot and making sure it is secure.
- Paint the bird using deco acrylic paint in a bright colour of your choice, leaving the beak and the birds tummy plain. Leave to dry.
- Choose another colour and paint the birds tummy. Leave to dry.
- Paint the birds beak in a colour of your choice using acrylic deco paint.
- Take a bamboo stick and apply a coat of deco acrylic paint in the same colour as the body of the bird. Leave to dry.
- Choose a fine tip acrylic deco pen colour that will show up nice and clearly when used to write on the birds tummy. Write on the birds tummy the name of the flower you want the bird stake to label. Leave to dry.
- When the bird is fully dry apply a coat of HobbyLine Acrylic Satin Varnish using a paintbrush. This will protect the paint in the garden if it rains or when the flowers are watered.
- Apply a coat of HobbyLine Acrylic Satin Varnish to the bamboo stick using a paintbrush. Leave to dry.
- Stick one wiggle eye onto the head of the bird.
- Using the glue gun, or extra strong adhesive, stick the painted bamboo stick to the back of the bird. Leave to dry. To secure in place, add a coat of HobbyLine Acrylic Satin Varnish to the back of the bird where the stick is attached.
In place of glue and varnish, you could secure the bamboo stick to the back of the wooden bird with waterproof duck tape.