Time to Make
25 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take the lid off of a glass jar and paint it in a coat of blue paint. Leave it to dry.
- Take a sheet of blue card and cut it so that it is the same height as the inner part of the jar, and wide enough so that it can curve around the back half of the jar.
- Cut out two small cloud shapes from white card and stick them to the top of the blue card using double sided tape.
- Slide the blue card into the jar. The front section should be blank so that you can see through the glass.
- Add some sand clay to the bottom of the jar, and fill it until it is about half an inch high. Then add some shells onto the sand.
- Put the painted lid onto the jar, then wrap twine around the neck of the jar. Tie the twine in place and trim the ends, leaving two pieces hanging down.
- Use double sided tape, or glue, to stick a shell to the end of each piece of twine.
Add a few layers of paint to the lid to make the blue appear brighter.