Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Line up 7 sticks in alternate colours and hold them together with two more sticks trimmed to size and glued across.
- Make three panels like this and a fourth one without the cross piece at one end. This will be the front of your beach hut.
- Glue three shortened sticks to the centre of the front panel to make a door and add the cut off pieces either side to complete the trim. Decorate with a sandcastle cut from foam.
- Cut four pieces of card 8cm by 4cm and fold in half length-ways. Use these pieces to fix your panels together in a square. Measure the size of the square, cut another piece of card to the same size and glue to the bottom.
- Cut a piece of card 12cm by 8cm and fold in half to make a roof. Cut an 8cm square of foam into two triangles and stick these to the sides of the roof, trimming the excess pieces away.
- Cover the rest of the roof with a rectangle of foam, folding under the ends to make eaves. Decorate the front apex of the roof with short pieces of stick.
Try making a row of huts in different colours to store small toiletries in the bathroom