Intermediate. Adult supervision needed.
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a bamboo stick from the pack and use different coloured deco pens to decorate it with a stripey pattern.
- Repeat step 1 with four more bamboo sticks, creating a range of different patterns and using lots of different colours.
- Take one twisted willow stick and colour it with a range of deco pens.
- Cut four pieces of string, approximately 30cm long, and one slightly longer. Thread the end of each piece of string though the middle of a bamboo stick, and tie a knot in the end to keep it in place.
- Tie the other ends of the string to the twisted willow stick at varying lengths. Use the longest piece of string on the right hand side. Trim off all of the remaining ends of the string, apart from the one on the far right.
- Tie the end of the remaining piece of string to the other side of the willow stick to create a loop for your wind chime to hang from.
If you want to hang your wind chime outside, add a layer of varnish to the wood to help to protect the paint.