Time to Make
15 minutes per puppet
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Use double-sided tape to stick a corrugated autumn leaf to the top of a green wooden stick.
- Take two large wiggle eyes and stick them to the front of the leaf using the sticky backing.
- Use a black pen to draw on the character’s mouth and other features such as eyebrows, moustache, nose, eyelashes etc.
- Get a pipe cleaner that matches the colour of the leaf. Place the centre of the pipe cleaner onto the centre of the wooden stick and wrap the ends of the pipe cleaner around the stick a couple of times to create the arms.
- Trim the ends of the pipe cleaner if necessary, then stick a matching felt leaf sticker to the ends of it to create the hands.
If you find the corrugated card hard to draw on, try adding features using black paper instead.