Time to Make
1 hour 30 minutes
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- To make the hedgehog, flatten a small ball of brown air dry clay and mould a pointed nose shape. Mark a mouth using a cocktail stick, then add tiny eyes made from white and black clay.
- Mix more brown clay with a quarter part black to make a darker brown shade. Roll into an oval and mark spines all over with the cocktail stick.
- Press the head onto the body and place on a clean, dry surface. Push a screw eye into the top of the head and leave to dry.
- For the squirrel, make two balls of brown clay and squeeze one side of the smaller ball to make a snout. Fix the head onto the body by using half a cocktail stick pushed into the body.
- Roll out a sausage of orange clay and taper the ends. Bend into an 'S' shape and mark the fur with a cocktail stick before pressing into the back of the body.
- Add eyes, nose and tiny ears to the face and push a screw eye into the top of the head before leaving to dry completely. Varnish when cool.
The clay bonds very quickly so be sure of your positioning before adding pieces together.