Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Using a small amount of glue, stick down the lighter green holly leaves around the edges of a green plate. Leave to dry. Stick some darker green leaves on top of the lighter ones and leave to dry again.
- Grab 3 empty toilet roll tubes. Cut 2 of the rolls in half so that there are 4 small tubes. Paint these 4 small tubes red and leave to dry. Paint the biggest tube white and also leave to dry.
- Draw and cut out 6 teardrop shapes out of the tissue paper. They should all roughly be 7cm tall and 3cm wide. Repeat this with the orange tissue paper but make them around 5cm tall and 2cm wide. Use a small amount of glue to stick the orange tissue paper on top of the yellow to make flames.
- Using 9cm pale coloured ribbons, carefully begin to warp them around the white toilet paper roll. Use plain gold ribbons of the same length to add a bit of sparkle to the white candle. Leave to dry. Trim or stick down any loose ribbon to tidy up the candle.
- Stick the white candle in the very centre of the plate. Stick the 4 red candles on each side of the white candle. Leave to dry.
- Use a little bit of glue and stick 1 flame on each red candle. The flame should be facing away from the white candle. Stick 2 flames on the white candle and make sure they are facing away from one another.
- Add small dabs of glue to the pom poms and place them in clusters around the red candles.
Gluing down the ribbons can get a little bit fiddly and messy. Ask an adult for help keeping the ribbons in place whilst they dry.