Time to Make
30 minutes plus drying time per picture
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Print off the six templates of Australian animals using white copier paper. Or, draw the outline freehand of a lizard, turtle etc. directly onto white or coloured card.
- Make up a palette of different colour acrylic paints. Have a cotton bud for each of the paint colours.
- Using a cotton bud dipped in the paint, fill in the animal outlines with dot prints. Experiment with different colours. Leave to dry.
- If you wish to frame your picture, draw a 2cm frame around the picture using a ruler. Then trim this off.
- Then stick this to a different coloured piece of A4 card using a glue stick, ensuring your picture is centrally positioned.
- Punch two holes in the top of the frame, thread a piece of ribbon for a hanger.
Always dot the outline of the animal first, and choose contrasting colours.