Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
1 hour + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Mix some blue and white paint together to create a sky blue shade, then cover the top half of the mini canvas with this paint.
- Mix some green and yellow paint together to make a lime green shade, then cover the lower section of the canvas with this paint. Leave to dry.
- Once the paint on the canvas is completely dry, use a smaller paintbrush to add some orange circles dotted around the blue section of the canvas. These will be the inner parts of the daffodils.
- Use yellow paint to add five small dots around the orange circles, to create the daffodil petals. Then use green paint to paint in the stalks. Leave to dry.
- Use a pencil to draw the outline of three daffodil flowers onto a sheet of yellow card, then cut these shapes out.
- Cut out three small semi circles from a sheet of orange card, cut them out and roll them into a cone shape. While the card in rolled into the cone shape, use the scissors to trim the pointed part off of the cone to create the inner section of the daffodil. Add a bit of glue to hold the shape together.
- Cut out three small circles from the orange card, about the same size as the bottom of the inner daffodil shape that you made in step 6. Glue this circle to the centre of the yellow daffodil, then glue the inner shape on top of this. Leave to dry.
- Cut out three stalks and two leaves from a sheet of green card. Glue the three stalks onto the bottom section of the canvas, and add the leaves to the stalks on either side.
- Glue the daffodils to the tops of the stalks and leave to dry.
To keep the shape and size of the daffodils uniform, draw and cut out a daffodil base from yellow card, then use this as a template for the other two daffodils.