Time to Make
1-1.5 hours + baking time for Fimo clay
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Roll Fimo clay to 5mm thick then cut out a simple gingerbread shape with a small cutter or use a modelling tool. Make the shape 3-4cm in height. Press thin Fimo strands around the edge using a cocktail stick to help with positioning. Add tiny Fimo balls to decorate. Make a small hole near the top of the gingerbread.
- Bake Fimo on a glazed tile or a baking tray in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes at 110C, following the instructions on packet.
- Draw a circle 8cm diameter onto dark coloured card then cut it out. Draw a smaller 6cm diameter circle in the middle then cut it out to make the wreath base, the easiest way to do this is by cutting in from the edge of the card then taping over the join.
- Brush glue over the card wreath then press dried moss over the top. Trim the edges to make a neat shape then wrap some thin ribbon around the edge. Stick small gems or beads onto the wreath as decoration.
- When the Fimo gingerbread shape has been baked and cooled, carefully tie it onto the wreath with a piece of thin thread through the hole at the top.
- Glue the finished wreath onto a folded background card (approx. 14 x 14cm ). Fix the gingerbread decoration to the background with a sticky dot or foam pad, or it could be left unstuck so it moves.
Fimo colours can be mixed together by kneading together until they are evenly blended. To make a Fimo gingerbread colour, mix a small amount of White and a pinch of Yellow and Red with Brown. If you work on a glazed tile or a baking tray, the finished Fimo shapes can be put straight into the oven without lifting them up.