Time to Make
20 minutes + time for drying paint
How to Make
- Smooth down any rough edges on the heart with fine sandpaper.
- Paint the heart with white paint. Paint the edges and the base. Leave to dry and add another coat if you need to.
- Decide which Deco pen to use for your design then lightly draw a pattern onto the heart with a coloured pencil in the same colour. Use the candle hole in the middle as a guide for your marking out the design.
- Outline the edge of the heart and around the candle hole with a Deco pen. Keep the lines smooth and regular. Check the pen lines have dried before resting your hand over the top. You could place a piece of paper under your hand so the lines dont smudge.
- Go over the pencil line design with the Deco pen to finish the design. Add a pattern around the edge.
- When dry, place an LED Tealight in the middle of the heart.
To make drawing easier, rest you hand on a book so it is raised up to the same level as the Heart Tealight Holder.