Time to Make
How to Make
- Onto a foam sheet draw around a small plate, then cup inside and draw around it. These two circles will make the wreath template. Use scissors to cut around the outer line and then cut around the inner line to create the backing for the wreath.
- Use the hole punch to create two holes at the top in the middle, about 2cm apart for the hanging loop.
- Place wood chips around the foam circle, all slanted in the same direction and glue in place - being careful not to cover the holes.
- Once the glue has dried and the wood chips are secure, add silver glitter accents to the outer edges of each wood chip using a glitter pen.
- Feed 20 cm length of ribbon through the holes so the ribbon lays over the front of the wood chips, tying in a knot to make hanging loop.
- Cut 40cm length of ribbon and feed though ribbon in front of wooden chips and knot neatly to secure, tie in a large bow to hang down the centre of the wreath and trim ends to neaten.
These wood chips don't require a large amount of glue to secure them to the wreath, too much can seep out from behind the wood and be visible on the finished wreath.