Time to Make
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 160 Fan/ Gas Mark 4
- Grease and line a 2 x 18cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Beat in the eggs and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a large spoon and add a touch of milk.
- Separate the mixture between the 2 cake tins then gently spread with a spatula.
- Bake your 2 cake tins for 20-25 minutes.
- Take your sponge from the tin and peel the paper off gently.
- Sandwich the cakes together with jam and whipped cream.
These recipes are suggestions only and are intended for use by persons having appropriate technical skill and entirely at their own discretion and risk. We cannot guarantee that favourable results will be obtained and recommend that you carry out your own tests prior to adoption. In the event that you intend to follow them for personal or resale use you must ensure that your preparation and ingredients comply with all relevant hygiene standards. We accept no responsibility, obligation or liability with respect to these recipes, their preparation or any outcome from their use or ingestion.