Time to Make
1 hour 15 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Turn the canvas upside down so that the staples are facing upwards. Use a sharp cutting knife to carefully cut around the edge of the canvas, just to the outside of where the staples are. Lift the canvas off and put it to one side, then rip/cut the remaining pieces of canvas off of the frame. Alternatively you can use a staple remover, however this will take slightly longer to do.
- Mix some green, blue and white paint together to make a light teal shade, then cover the whole of the frame in a coat of this paint and leave to dry. Add another coat of paint if needed.
- Take the canvas that you removed from the frame in step one, and use scissors to cut off the folded edges. Trim the canvas so that it is slightly smaller than the size of the outer frame.
- Place the piece of canvas over the frame and use the staple gun to attach it to the back of the frame.
- Use the black outline deco pen to draw a simple outline of a house slightly smaller than the size of the canvas. Inside the house write the words 'HOME Sweet HOME' using different styles of writing. Then decorate the edges of the house with a dashed line.
You can paint the frame any colour to match the colour scheme of your home.