Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Download and print off the template provided. Cut out two large hearts from red felt and two from pink felt. Cut out a small heart from purple and blue felt and two scalloped hearts from white felt.
- Thread a needle with a length of white embroidery thread and tie a knot on one end. Line the two large hearts up and begin sewing them together. When you have almost reached the end, stop and fill your brooch up with some cotton wool. Pull the cotton wool ball into lots of smaller pieces to ensure it doesn’t make the brooch look lumpy once stuffed.
- Once you have stuffed your brooch, sew the gap up and tie with a knot when you have reached the end.
- Apply some glue to the back of the white scalloped hearts then stick these to the front of the hearts you have just sewn up.
- Then apply some glue to the back of the small hearts and stick these on top of the scalloped hearts.
- To finish, stick a self-adhesive badge pin to the back of each brooch.
To make this craft easier for younger children to create, the felt hearts could be glued together rather than sewn.