Time to Make
1 hour 15 minutes + baking time for Fimo (30 minutes)
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Make a yellow pom pom by wrapping yellow wool around your fingers about 50 times. Carefully take the wool off of your hand and tie a piece of yellow wool around the middle of it tightly. Cut through all of the loops at either end and trim the pom pom down until you have a full and neat looking circle of about 4cm wide.
- Repeat step 1 to make the second pom pom using pink wool.
- To make the tassel, take some blue wool and wrap it around a piece of card 10 x 10cm about 20 times. Take another piece of blue wool, slide this under the wrapped wool and tie tightly with a knot. Remove the tassel from the card and with another piece of wool, wrap this around the tassel about a third of the way down from the top and tie tightly with a knot. Wrap the excess wool around this knot and tuck it in when you reach the end. Lastly trim the tassel at the bottom ensuring that the tassel ends are even in length.
- Take a quarter of a block of white Fimo and warm it in your hands until it is soft and mouldable. Separate this into two pieces and roll them into two small balls. To turn the Fimo balls into beads, make a hole in the middle of each one by poking a cocktail stick in while they are on a flat surface and rotating them gently around in circles.
- Place the Fimo beads onto a baking tray and bake in the oven according to the instructions. Once cooked allow to cool.
- When completely cooled, paint the two Fimo beads with paint, apply a few coats until you have full coverage, allow to dry. To add a shine, paint the beads with varnish.
- Cut a length of blue wool 20cm in length and attach one end to a split metal ring. Attach a sewing needle onto the other end of the wool and thread the beads onto this. Then thread through the centre of the two pom poms and finish by attaching the end of the wool to the top of the tassel with a knot.
To give the pom poms a fuller look, trim them down until they are quite small. This will make them look neater and more of a circular shape.