Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- With a drawing compass, mark out a circle onto foam 8cm in diameter. Then mark out an inner circle approximately 5cm in diameter. Carefully cut this out with scissors.
- To make the mini tassels, separate a long piece of embroidery thread into thinner strands then wrap one thin strand around a piece of card 5 x 5cm about 30 times. Take another piece of the same coloured thread and slide this under the wrapped thread then tie tightly with a knot. Remove the tassel from the card and with another piece of thread, wrap this around the tassel about a third of the way down from the top and tie tightly with a knot. Wrap the excess thread around this knot and tuck it in when you reach the end. Lastly trim the tassel at the bottom ensuring that the tassel ends are even in length.
- Repeat step 2 until you have three tassels in one colour and two tassels in another colour.
- Attach a jump ring to the top of each tassel. With a pencil, mark out five dots 1cm apart along the bottom of the foam circle. Using a sharp needle, pierce through the marks to create small holes in the foam, then post the jump rings with the tassels on through these holes. Carefully close each jump ring up with pliers.
- Pierce another hole in the top of the foam circle and post a jump ring through, carefully close the jump ring up with pliers. Cut a length of thin ribbon 20cm long, loop this through the jump ring and knot at the end.
- To finish, decorate the border of the photo frame using stick-on gems.
To create mini tassels separate the embroidery thread into lots of thinner strands before tying them together.