Time to Make
25 minutes plus drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Make sure you cover all your surfaces well, and even use a small box or tray to catch your paint drips.
- Spread a thick layer of white paint with a craft stick or spatula all over your canvas, this will give your paint and string something to grip to.
- Choose two paint pouring colours and pour into separate cups.
- Cut 4 pieces of string approx. 20-25cm having two long and two short lengths .
- Place two strings in one pot of paint and two in the other colour , leaving some string dry to hold onto. Use a craft stick or paint brush to mix the strings into the paint to cover them well.
- One at a time take your strings out of the paint and lay onto your canvas at different heights, make them curve around in different directions and alternate the colours too.
- One at a time, slowly pull your strings down and away from the canvas. You will see the paint start to create a pattern into the white paint, you can change your strings direction as you pull away. Repeat with all of your strings and leave to dry overnight
- Once dry, hang your canvas to admire your beautiful work!
When pulling your string away, do one at a time slowly and pulling in a downwards motion off of the edge of your canvas. When pulling your string away, do one at a time slowly and pulling in a downwards motion off of the edge of your canvas.